Vandalism Safety Tipsby NJ Payless Auto Glass on 10/01/13
Unfortunately, many of our customers report that their auto glass damage is due to vandalism. Our vandalism safety tips can help you learn how to prevent vandalism and what to do if you have been a victim.
My car has been vandalized. What can I do?
If you are the unfortunate victim of vandalism, you can:
- Contact your local law enforcement agency to determine if a vandalism report needs to be filed
- Contact NJ Payless Auto Glass to get your Glass Repaired and protect your vehicle from further vandalism
- Contact your insurance company if you have additional damage to your vehicle or consult them about property losses
- If your wallet has been stolen, contact your bank to cancel any bank, credit cards and/or checks
- If your keys were stolen, consider changing the locks on your home
- If your cell phone was stolen, contact your service provider
- If your credit cards were stolen, consider creating a fraud report with all three credit agencies:
Vandalism Tips: Prevention is key
As a safety measure, keep all valuables out of plain sight, as they could invite vandalism. Do not leave anything of great importance inside the vehicle when you're away for any period of time.
Also, consider the following vandalism safety tips:
- Make a copy of your driver's license, bank and credit card(s), passport or any form of identification to keep in a safe place at home
- Create a list of the items generally carried in your wallet or purse
- Park in well-lit areas
- Always lock your car doors
- Use common sense and listen to your gut
Contact your local law enforcement agency for additional vandalism safety tips.